With numerous PCB manufacturers around, selecting one can be tricky. Manufacturers of printed circuit board (PCB) need to have the right kind of expertise and experience, and if you are placing an order, you need to check some of the important details. In this post, we have compiled a list of tips that may come handy in finding the right manufacturer.
1. Check the basics. How long has the company been in business? You need to know a manufacturer inside out and the way they do business in the industry. When it comes to electronics, experience is an aspect you cannot afford to take for granted.
2. Can they handle your requirements? This is one of the first questions you need to ask when you look for a PCB manufacturer. Some companies just deal with a standard set of specifications and tolerances, mainly because their production capabilities are limited. If you are looking for something very specific, you need a team who can handle that.
3. Who are their clients? PCB manufacturers work with a number of varied clients in the electronics industry, and some of them also deal with military orders. If you want to know a company better, you need to check their clientele and the kind of work they have done for others. With a reputed name, you don’t have to worry about this aspect, because most details will be listed on their website, and the emerging companies won’t mind sharing the references on request.
4. Will they offer engineering support? That’s one of the early questions, as well. Before the real money is spent on the fabrication process, you need a company that will test all the aspects and will completely surrender to the needs of the client. They should test the designs, so as to avoid all possible errors in the future. A good company will also spend considerably on enhancing their prospects and capabilities.
5. Quality matters. This is a cliché thing to say, but when it comes to PCBs, quality matters more than anything else. You don’t to spend your resources on a company who wouldn’t guarantee that beforehand. Check their working capabilities and the kind of projects they can manage for your business. When it comes to quality, you also need to know their testing process, especially for connectivity.
6. When can they deliver? Now, if you are looking to place a quick order, you need to check this aspect, as well. Many PCB manufacturers require more than a few weeks before they can deliver your order, and that’s not something you would expect in the first place.
7. Can they offer certifications? Some companies offer “UL 94V-0 fire resistance certification” on PCBs, and you may want to check for other relevant certifications, as well. In short, the price you pay should be worth the products you get.
Finally, do ask details of their vendors for material supply. With PCBs, you have to be extra careful about every aspect. Take your time to evaluate these aspects, and you can always thank us later.